+1 416 928-0900
Toronto, ON M5R 3P1
101 Davenport Rd.
The College of Nurses of Ontario is the governing body for registered nurses (RNs), registered practical nurses (RPNs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) in Ontario, Canada.
The nursing profession has been self-regulating in Ontario since 1963. Self-regulation is a privilege granted to those professions that have shown they can put the interests of the public ahead of their own professional interests. It recognizes that Ontario’s nurses have the knowledge and expertise to regulate themselves as individual practitioners and to regulate their profession through the College.
The College fulfils its role by:
- establishing requirements for entry to practice
- articulating and promoting practice standards
- administering its Quality Assurance program
- enforcing standards of practice and conduct
The College also supports the regulation of nursing in the public interest by:
- participating in the legislative process
- sharing statistical information about Ontario’s nurses
The College works in partnership with employers, educators and government so that everyone in Ontario benefits from quality nursing services.